Sunday, October 21, 2012

Halloween Practical Life

I guess since October is half over I should probably post some of our Halloween themed works.  I will start with practical life.
Cauldron spooning with popcorn kernels.  I love these little trays that I found at Hobby Lobby.  They are perfect for practical life work.  I can't wait to buy some more.
 
Spiders on a web tonging.  I just drew a spider web on a paper plate and set out some spiders with it.  Since I took this picture I have exchanged the tongs for a pair of tweezers.  Another variation could be to add a die.  Have them roll the die and then place that many spiders on the web.  Continue until all the spiders are on the web.
 
Skeleton sorting.  I bought these stretchy skeletons at Wal-Mart and then I put a piece of paper in the bottom of a four section tray to match the color of the skeletons.  The students just love this work.
 
Pom pom sorting.  I used some Halloween colored pom poms and some votive holders to make this very simple but fun work.  The students work with it all the time.  I placed a removable label with a color circle, to match the color of the pom pom,s on each votive holder.  I wish I had a Halloween themed bowl and votive holders for this work.  I will be keeping my eyes open for some to add to this work.  To make it a little more challenging you could add a spoon, tongs or maybe beginner chopsticks.
 
Batty spooning.  I got the skeleton ice cube tray from The Dollar Tree and the bat pieces are from Target.  I love their dollar section.
 
Pumpkin ice cube tray tonging.

 pumpkin seed pouring
 
 pumpkin scrubbing
 

No comments:

Post a Comment